The best thing to do with transphobic comments is to ignore them and keep on walking: why waste your time on assholes? As Sun Tsu said…
The battle not fought is the battle truly won!
Okay, he didn’t say that…but you know what I mean.
However, sometimes – at the school dining room or the office water cooler – you’re effectively cornered. If you say nothing then you come off as weak…and the comments are likely to continue. Today, therefore, I’d like to give you some comebacks to transphobic insults.
2. Insults re: womanhood
Here we have something a little less highbrow and a little more below the belt. If he insults your womanhood then go for his manhood (Not literally! Fuck it…on second thoughts…rip that thing off and feed it to the pigs! (Ew…did I really just say that?”)
3. I would tell you to go fuck yourself but I’m pretty sure you’d be disappointed.
4. Acting like a dick won’t make yours any bigger.
5. Making them feel bad
Okay, I’ll admit… I wouldn’t hold out long for a transphobe to suddenly feel bad, but somethimes you need a comeback that’s not quite so aggressive.
6. Transphobic responses: not interested in your opinion, beeeeaaaatch!
1. If you’re waiting for me to care, you better pack a lunch. It’s gonna be a while.
7. Know what’s funny? Not you, so shut up!
8. I’m sorry, I didn’t order a glass of your opinion.
9. I’m sorry…I think you mistook me for someone who gives a shit!
And now let’s finish this little tutorial with my personal favorite.
10. Wow…your asshole must get jealous with all the shit that comes out of your mouth!
Okay, girls…ciao ciao… and if you wanna refute transphobic claims about transwomanhood, I recommend you read Felix’s excellent little book.